No. 19 Toyota Camry TRD Automobile Owners Insurance News & Notes
- WINNER DEFENDANT: Martin Truex Jr. is a two-time winner at Darlington Raceway, including a dominating performance last May where he led 248 of 293 laps and won both stages on his way to victory lane. Overall, he has recorded four top-five finishes and 10 top-10 finishes in 19 career starts on the 1.366-mile egg-shaped oval. Last season, Truex had top-five results in both Darlington races after winning in the spring and finishing fourth in the Southern 500.
- DOVER RECAP: Truex finished 12th at Dover Motor Speedway. The Mayetta, New Jersey native finished in the top five in both stages and battled into the top five in the final laps. As he tried to pass for third on the final lap, contact with another car spun Truex’s No. 19 Camry and he crossed the finish line in 12th position.
- SELF-OWNERS: Auto-Owners Insurance will be featured as the title sponsor of Truex’s No. 19 Camry TRD for Sunday’s race at Darlington Raceway. The Lansing, Michigan-based company offers multiple lines of insurance, including life, home, auto and business to customers in 26 states. 2022 marks Auto-Owners’ fourth year with Joe Gibbs Racing as they will once again be featured for eight races in the #19 Camry TRD. For more Auto-Owners, visit www.auto-owners .com.
- JGR IN DARLINGTON: Joe Gibbs Racing has 10 NASCAR Cup Series wins at Darlington Raceway, including both races in 2021 and three of the last four overall. In 108 starts combined at Track Too Tough to Tame, the organization recorded 34 top fives, 66 top 10s, two poles and 2,287 laps led. Kyle Busch, Carl Edwards, Denny Hamlin, Erik Jones, Matt Kenseth and Bobby Labonte join Truex on the list of riders who took JGR to victory at the historic track.
- TO AGREE: Coverage of this weekend’s race at Darlington Raceway begins Sunday, May 8 at 3:30 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1, MRN Radio and Sirius XM NASCAR Radio.
Martin Truex Jr., driver of the #19 Automobile Owners Insurance Toyota Camry TRD
Talk about going to Darlington for the first time with the new car…
“Darlington is a tough track no matter what you drive so it will be a handful either way. Our team are looking forward to the challenge. I have a lot of confidence to go there with the success we have had in recent years and the things we’re learning about this new car, so I’m really excited about this weekend.